||Becoming a Model with Previous Experience
||Becoming a Model without Previous Experience
||Maintaining Modeling Status
||Donated & Invested Sessions
- Becoming a Model with Previous Experience. Persons inquiring to become a JN Photography (“JNP”) model must submit an application that includes a relative resume and references. If the application is accepted, the applicant will be required to submit five photographs of himself/herself that were conducted by a professional photographer within the last five years. Photographs must be a mixture of head portraits and full body portraits. If the applicant has not had a professional session in five or more years then one of the five submitted photographs must be a recent unprofessional picture (cell phone, selfie, friend with a camera, etc.). If all documents are accepted then the applicant will be granted model status, free of charge, after his/her first session with JNP. This will not include certification (see Certification section for further).
- Becoming a Model without Previous Experience. Applicants without previous work with a professional photographer or whose documents were not accepted must complete modeling training through JNP. Applicant will be responsible for the one-time $80 training fee that must be paid prior to the session. There are no refunds. Completion of the modeling training does not guarantee acceptance as a JNP model. This will not include certification (see Certification section for further).
- Minor Models. Minors must to 12 years old or older to apply. Applicants between 12-15 years of age will be reviewed and accepted or denied on a case-by-case basis. Models under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian sign with them and sign each contract and preapprove each photography session. JNP may limit session types to minor models for ethical, moral, and/or legal reasons. Certification is available for minors who show extraordinary community outreach and reputation.
- Maintaining Modeling Status. In order to maintain a JNP Model status a person must have been involved in one special project, be involved in a special portraiture session that commemorates a special or unique accomplishment, or complete at least one mini-session every three calendar years. JNP reserves the right to remove a model’s status with sole discretion as to the reason, whether physical, intangible, actual, implied, with or without the violation of this section, etc.
- Certification. JNP Certification opens private venues and venues populated by people under 18 years of age for a model’s use. Certified models also obtain a special $5 discount from potential Venue Fees. To become certified a model must complete and pass a background check, pay the $25 application fee, and display a professional modeling work ethic. Background checks must be reissued every five years. To maintain the certification, models must maintain full citizen rights, legal immigration or work visa in the United States of America, and continue to be a positive influence in the community. JNP reserves the right to remove a model’s certification with sole discretion as to the reason, whether physical, intangible, actual, implied, etc.
- Specials. Photographer Nathan Haefer desires to complete special projects annually. Such projects have a unique theme and/or technical work. Persons involved in a Special will receive life-long status as a JNP model unless the model is unlisted as a JNP model for any reason.
- Donated & Invested Sessions. JNP desires to maintain an energetic level of comradery in the brutal world of modeling and commercial photography. Therefore, we offer free to low cost sessions. Models can receive one free session annually and additional sessions if proposed by a photographer affiliated with JNP under the discretion of its owner, or special styled sessions proposed by a model and approved by the owner of JNP. These free and discounted sessions will include a CD of many, but not necessarily all, photographs and renditions with the JNP trademark and will be released to the model with limited usage rights. Models will have the opportunity to purchase individual images for unrestricted and/or commercial use at JNP’s standard commercial rate.
- Publications. JNP has the sole discretion to publish works. If the model agrees to have a work published then the model shall pay JN Photography the purchase price of a physical print copy. If the model desires not to be published then JN Photography may seek publication but will not hold the model responsible for the physical print copy. Any model may request, in writing to JNP, to have their work published themselves, however, all citations of JNP including company name, photographer’s name, website, and applicable social media accounts shall be provided to the publisher. Furthermore, the model shall provide JNP a copy of the physical print within 30 days of publication.
- Venues. Public venues and venues under the discretion of JNP are free to models. However, most private venues and venues populated with minors will be restricted to models who have become JNP Certified. There are no venue fees unless the model cancels or reschedules a session more than two times. To apply for a third session a model must pay, prior to the third scheduling, $15 for public property and their own residences, $20 for private venues and the JNP studio, or $125 for wedding venues. Certified models who have earned the trusted seal will receive a $5 discount of fees when applicable.
- Casting Calls. JNP models will receive notification of any and all casting calls sponsored by or hired through JNP. Attempts will be made through email and/or social media.
- Prohibited Content. JNP will not participate in pornographic, politically divisive, hateful, racist, or condescending works of art. JNP does not participate in nudity unless the images are in a completely artist and tasteful fashion such as the Discobolus of Myron sculpture, non-pornographic boudoir, and elegant bodyscape. Models who display, condone, or participate in any fashion of pornographic images or vulgarity that opposes the moral principles held by the owners of JNP, however subjective, may have their modeling status revoked at the discretion of JNP. Revocation may or may not include the removal of model’s work and information from the JNP website.
- Webpage. A model is granted his/her own webpage on the JNP website, www.jnphotographyva.com. The website will include a maximum of 5 photographs of the model, links to the model’s social sites (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.), and a brief bio submitted by the model and edited by JNP at JNP’s discretion. It is the model’s responsibility to provide JNP updated information.
- Social Media. JNP reserves the right to place any images of the model on social media. JNP will attempt to credit the model on the post and this may or may not include the model’s first name, last name, or pseudo name; account link, JNP page link, or none of the above. JNP is not mandated to list the model’s information on any social media post and has the discretion not to.
- Edits. JNP reserves the rights to edit its policies without the notification to or approval of JNP models and clients.
- JNP may or may not subjectively award models with titles such as Mr./Ms. Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn. Within the first three months of the calendar year JNP may open a public voting platform, with restrictions and conditions solely decided by JNP, for Model of the Year. All JNP models will be candidate for Model of the Year, however, models who have not conducted a photography session with JNP the previous calendar year will be excluded. Any prizes awarded with the title Model of Year will be at the sole discretion of JNP.