Become a Model
Free to Apply
Interested in becoming a JN Photography model? Fill out the free form below to apply.
Experienced inquirers get in-home study material, hands-on training, a 2 hour session, and the option to become certified for possible publications. Inexperienced inquirers have a one-time $124 investment that includes modeling training, in-home study material, a 1 hour session with a USB of 10 photographs, and the ability to become certified for possible publications.
|1.||Becoming a Model with Previous Experience|
|2.||Becoming a Model without Previous Experience|
|5.||Maintaining Modeling Status|
|7.||Donated & Invested Sessions|
- Becoming a Model with Previous Experience. Persons inquiring to becoming a JN Photography (“JNP”) model must submit an application that includes a relative resume and references. If the application if accepted, the applicant will be required to submit five photographs of himself/herself that were conducted by a professional photographer. Photographs must be a mixture of head portraits and full body portraits. If the applicant has not had a professional session in five or more years then one of the five submitted photographs must be a recent unprofessional picture (cell phone, selfie, friend with a camera, etc.) If all documents are accepted then the applicant will be granted model status, free of charge, after his/her first session with JNP. This will not include certification (see Certification section for further).
- Becoming a Model without Previous Experience. Applicants without previous work with a professional photographer or whose documents were not accepted must complete modeling training through JNP. Applicant will be responsible for the one-time $140 training fee. Certification will be granted with a voluntary background check.
- Minor Models. Models under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian sign with them and sign each contract and preapprove each photography session. JNP may limit session types to minor models for ethical, moral, and/or legal reasons. Certification is not available to minor models, however, venues usually populated with minors will be available to minor models since the model is also a minor.
- Certification. JNP Certification opens private venues and venues populated by people under 18 years of age for a model’s use. Certified models also obtain a special $5 discount from potential Venue Fees. Certified models will be personally notified by email of any and all applicable casting calls produced by JNP. To become certified a model must complete and pass a background check, pay the $25 application fee, and display a professional modeling work ethic. Background checks must be reissued every five years. To maintain the certification, models must maintain full citizen rights, legal immigration or work visa in the United States of America, and continue to be a positive influence in the community. JNP reserves the right to remove a model’s certification with sole discretion as to the reason, whether physical, intangible, actual, implied, etc.
- Maintaining Modeling Status. In order to maintain a JNP Model status a person must have been involved in one special project, be involved in a special portraiture session that commemorates a special or unique accomplishment, or complete at least one mini-session every three calendar years. JNP reserves the right to remove a model’s status with sole discretion as to the reason, whether physical, intangible, actual, implied, with or without the violation of this section, etc., with or without the model’s notice.
- Specials. Photographer Nathan Haefer desires to complete special projects annually. Such projects have a unique theme and/or technical work. Persons involved in a Special will receive life-long status as a JNP model unless the model is unlisted as a JNP model for any reason.
- Donated & Invested Sessions. JNP desires to maintain an energetic level of comradery in the brutal world of modeling and commercial photography. Therefore, we offer free to low cost sessions. Models can receive one free session annually and additional sessions if proposed by a photographer affiliated with JNP under the discretion of its owner, or special styled sessions proposed by a model and approved by the owner of JNP. These free and discounted sessions will include a CD of many, but not necessarily all, photographs and renditions with the JNP trademark and will be released to the model with limited usage rights. Models will have the opportunity to purchase individual images for unrestricted and/or commercial use at JNP’s standard commercial rate.
- Publications. JNP has the sole discretion to publish works. Usually only the work done with annual Specials and/or with Certified Models will be publishable. If published, attempts to notify the model will be made.
- Venues. Public venues and venues under the discretion of JNP are free to models. However, private venues and venues populated with minors will be restricted to models who have become JNP Certified. There are no venue fees unless the model cancels or reschedules a session more than two times. To apply for a third session a model must pay, prior to the third scheduling, $15 for public property and their own residences, $20 for private venues and the JNP studio, or $125 for wedding venues. Certified models who have earned the trusted seal will receive a $5 discount of fees when applicable.
- Casting Calls. JNP models will receive notification of any and all casting calls sponsored by or hired through JNP. Attempts will be made through email. Certified models will also be personally notified by phone, call or text, of any and all applicable casting calls hosted or hired by JNP.
- Prohibited Content. JNP will not participate in pornographic, politically divisive, hateful, racist, or condescending works of art. JNP does not participate in nudity unless the images are in a completely artist and tasteful fashion such as the Discobolus of Myron sculpture, non-pornographic boudoir, and elegant bodyscape. Models who display, condone, or participate in any fashion of pornographic images or vulgarity that opposes the moral principles held by the owners of JNP, however subjective, may have their modeling status revoked at the discretion of JNP. Revocation may or may not include the removal of model’s work and information from the JNP website.
- Webpage. A model is granted his/her own webpage on the JNP website, www.jnphotographyva.com. The website will include a maximum of 5 photographs of the model (limited to one megabyte each), links to the model’s social sites (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.), contact information, and a brief bio submitted by the model and edited by JNP at JNP’s discretion. It is the model’s responsibility to provide JNP updated information.
- Social Media. JNP reserves the right to place any images of the model on social media, except photographs that have been purchased under the Exclusive/Commercial rights purchase. JNP will attempt to credit the model on the post on Model Mondays and this may or may not include the model’s first name, last name, pseudo name, account link, JNP page link, or none of the above. JNP is not mandated to list the model’s information on any social media post and has the discretion not to.
- Edits. JNP reserves the rights to edit its policies without the notification to or approval of JNP models and clients.